IT Technician in Banff
Banff Caribou Properties Ltd. employs promising people that have a passion for their work and appreciation for mountain culture. We are currently seeking an energetic and dynamic individual to join our company as Information Systems Technician. This is a unique opportunity to develop a career in IT in the Canadian Rockies.
What you will do
- Provide telephone helpdesk and desk-side end-user support in a fast-paced 24/7 environment.
- Troubleshoot and resolve incidents relating to desktop and laptop workstations, networking equipment, telephone systems, peripheral devices and printers, operating systems, email and applications.
- Perform hardware and software installations, moves and changes.
- Liaise with software vendors to provide application support.
- Log, track and close help desk tickets in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist the Network Team Lead with networking tasks (building, managing, maintaining, troubleshooting, etc.).
- Assist the Support Services Lead to manage a virtual server and storage infrastructure as required.
- Perform administrative tasks within Microsoft Windows Active Directory and Exchange.
- Work safely. Obey all health and safety policies and procedures and report injuries and hazards immediately.
- A positive and energetic attitude. You are passionate about living in a mountain town. The position is located onsite in Banff, AB
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Information Management/Information Technology (IM/IT), Computer Science or an industry certificate in network technology and/or infrastructure support) are significant assets.
- Experience providing IT support is an asset.
- Positive attitude, good work ethic and a passion for learning.
- Ability and confidence to work unsupervised, and to know when to use initiative and when to ask for help.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English Essential).
- Valid Canadian work permit.
- Driver’s license (a work vehicle is available when on shift).
- The flexibility to cover two on-call shifts per week in a 24/7 environment.
This is the perfect advancement for a career minded person offering:
- Full time salary
- Anniversary Bonus
- Health & Dental Benefits
- Eligibility to become an Employee Shareholder
- Excellent health & wellness programs, including free yoga, discounted or free ski, canoe, and golf passes, and discounted fitness club membership
- Complimentary hotel stays
- Free local and subsidized regional bus travel
- Many other benefits as listed here: https://blcemployees.com/benefits/
We're really glad that you are interested in this job and we look forward to reviewing your application. We appreciate all of the applications that we receive, and we will contact qualified candidates as soon as possible. You can learn more about our great Employee Benefits & Perks and what it means to work with an Employee-Owned company here.
Banff Caribou Properties is an equal opportunity employer who values the diversity of all employees.
- Job Family IT
- Pay Type Salary
- 229 Bear St Suite 300, Banff, AB T1L 1H8, Canada