General Manager of Food and Beverage to Open New Restaurants
The General Manager of Food and Beverage will have the opportunity to open two innovative, new food and beverage concepts in Banff, Alberta. These restaurants will be located within Banff’s newest full-service hotels and include room service, take out, special event and catering programs. Banff Lodging Co. is an employee owned company and the successful candidate will embody an ownership culture with opportunity for future career advancement. We like to have fun and be enthusiastic in all that is done, take chances, show initiative, and seek innovation.
Reporting to the VP Operations, the General Manager of Food and Beverage is a highly engaged leader with a passion for guest service. The right leader drives the businesses forward while overseeing a wide range of daily activities from day-to-day operations to forecasting and budgeting. This role is responsible for leading all programs towards financial success while upholding the individual brand image and values for each venue. The GM is also responsible for ensuring that the business consistently delivers high-quality food and beverage products with an exceptional guest experience.
- Leadership: mentor, train and coach a large team, striving for retention, development and internal promotion of team members.
- Proactive Planning: manage and maintain appropriate inventory levels for beverage and operational supplies. Develops and maintains budgets, forecasts and COGS.
- Dedication for Excellent Guest Experience: provides exemplary guest service and builds relationships with guests to set the standard for employees.
- Genuine Passion: real desire to make other people’s dining experiences special. Encouraging and instilling a passion for all things hospitality throughout the team.
- Time Management: effectively manages time to achieve business goals while satisfying the guest service needs.
- Communication: Provides clean, open, and consistent communication with the management and staff. Actively listens and receives feedback.
- Problem solving: Responsive, calm, creative and flexible to ensure operations continue to run smoothly in the face of the unexpected.
- Consistency: Approachable by both employees and management. Actions and reactions are consistent to create a safe and comfortable environment for employees and guests.
- Business awareness: Knows how to read a P&L and understands what contributes to each section. Understands how to impact the costs and manage expenses.
Skills - Experience - Education
- Minimum of 5 years of Food and Beverage full-service dining management experience
- Minimum 2 years at an F&B General Manager
- Hotel Experience is an asset
- Experience in a multi-outlet environment with exposure to a variety of operation styles
- Experience in a new restaurant opening considered an asset
- Hospitality Diploma or Bachelors considered an asset but not required
- Proficient computer skills including but not limited to: POS, inventory software, MS Office Suite
- Excellent listening, English comprehension and communication skills
- Food Safety Course and W.H.M.I.S.
- Must be able to carry and lift items weighing 25lbs, must be able to stoop and bend
- Must be able to stand and move for extended periods of time to continuously perform essential job functions
- Ability to work flexible hours including mornings, days, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays based on business needs
This Position Offers:
- Competitive salary
- Health & dental benefits
- Eligibility to become an employee shareholder
- Eligibility to access Employee Home Purchase Loan Program
- An extensive wellness and experiential benefit package: https://blcemployees.com/benefits/
We're really glad that you are interested in this job and we look forward to reviewing your application. We appreciate all of the applications that we receive, and we will contact qualified candidates as soon as possible. You can learn more about our great Employee Benefits & Perks and what it means to work with an Employee-Owned company here.
Banff Caribou Properties is an equal opportunity employer who values the diversity of all employees.
- Job Family Hotel Salary
- Pay Type Salary
- 600 Banff Ave, Banff, AB T1L 1H8, Canada