Food and Beverage Service Manager
Grow your Food and Beverage Career as a Food & Beverage Service Manager with Banff Lodging Co. As we operate 6 restaurants and are opening 2 more within the year, we are growing our leadership team to provide great dining experiences to guests every corner of the earth. The Food and Beverage Service manager position is an excellent stepping stone for anyone who has some supervisory experience and some service experience. We offer a competitive year round salary and excellent benefits.
The right candidate embodies the Caribou spirit including:
- Able to take risks, show initiative and seek innovative solutions
- Driven to amaze guests every day and is proficient at listening and learning from unfavourable feedback
- Professional and accountable, and at the same time, flexible and responsive
- Works hard and understands that hard work builds trust and creates opportunities
- Prior experience as a manager or supervisor within a restaurant or bar environment
- Possesses natural leadership ability including being able to train others
- Able to use basic math skills in practical settings
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Is fun and passionate about what they are doing
- Demonstrates a hands-on approach
- Lives in the Bow Valley or willing to relocate.
- Able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
Duties and Responsibilities
- Effective interaction to ensure the highest level of service is provided to all restaurant patrons.
- Maintain and improve upon current systems, policies and Banff Lodging Co. standards in quality of product & service.
- Coach, develop & manage the performance of the Restaurant leadership/supervisor team.
- Ensure that food & beverage employees are well trained, maintain professional standards of appearance and serve their customers in a prompt, professional, friendly manner.
- Effectively handle, investigate and resolve guest concerns in a professional manner to the standard set by Banff Lodging Co.
- Lead employees by personal example with a philosophy of work conduct, enthusiasm and personal development that leads to maximum performance and job satisfaction.
- Continually promote professional work habits and recognize and reward jobs well done.
- Represent the Banff Lodging Company in such a manner as to enhance the reputation of the company.
- Enforce provincial liquor legislation and requirements.
- Ensure health and safety regulations are followed.
- Aid the team by performing the duties of a server or bartender.
- Work safely. Obey all health and safety policies and procedures and report injuries and hazards immediately.
- Additional duties may be assigned to help meet guest needs.
This Position Offers:
- Permanent full-time position
- Health & dental benefits
- Eligibility to become an employee shareholder
- Eligibility for a loan to purchase a home in the Bow Valley
- Anniversary bonus
- Excellent health & wellness programs including discounted ski pass and free golf passes
- Complimentary hotel stays
- Free passes for Golf and Canoe (and discounted skiing in the winter)
- These are just a few of our Benefit! Check out the rest of our benefits here: https://blcemployees.com/benefits/
We're really glad that you are interested in this job and we look forward to reviewing your application. We appreciate all of the applications that we receive, and we will contact qualified candidates as soon as possible. You can learn more about our great Employee Benefits & Perks and what it means to work with an Employee-Owned company here.
Banff Caribou Properties is an equal opportunity employer who values the diversity of all employees.
- Job Family Restaurant Salary
- Pay Type Salary
- Banff, AB, Canada