Everett, WA, USA Req #2511
Monday, February 28, 2022
Altasciences is a forward-thinking, mid-size contract research organization offering pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies a proven, flexible approach to preclinical and clinical pharmacology studies, including formulation, manufacturing and analytical services. For over 25 years, Altasciences has been partnering with sponsors to help support educated, faster, and more complete early drug development decisions. Altasciences’ integrated, full-service solutions include preclinical safety testing, clinical pharmacology and proof of concept, bioanalysis, program management, medical writing, biostatistics, and data management, all customizable to specific sponsor requirements. Altasciences helps sponsors get better drugs to the people who need them, faster.
Altasciences, the fastest growing CRO in North America, is seeking to add an additional Clinical Veterinarian for our site located in greater Seattle, Washington area.
- Provide routine and/or specialized veterinary medical, dental, imaging, and surgical services for nonhuman primates (NHPs) on site
- Participate in preventive health program and domestic isolation programs
- Provide professional leadership in the care and resolution of complex medical cases
- Provide direct support to study directors in protocol design, animal disease model development, surgical services and animal health evaluations.
- Assist in maintaining compliance with Federal regulations governing the humane care and use of laboratory animals
- Assist in the development, review, revision and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Policies relating to animal care
- Assist the Institutional Animal Care & Use Committee (IACUC), with responsibilities including; reviewing protocols, animal colony issues, management issues and consultations
- Assist and promote internal training
- Perform administrative duties with respect to medical records, reports, forms readied for use for study specific procedures, etc.
- Assist study directors on sponsor-related issues including direct contact with sponsors as required
- Education: Doctoral degree (DVM/VMD) in Veterinary Medicine. Applicants who have completed part or all their education outside of the United States must provide an evaluation by an accredited organization to ensure its equivalence to education received in accredited educational institutions in the United States.
- Certification/Licensure: Current license to practice veterinary medicine in at least one state. Must obtain Washington State Veterinary license within 1 year of hire.
- Experience working in laboratory animal facilities and specifically with non-human primates
- ACLAM board eligibility or diplomate status USDA accreditation
- Experience with Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) regulations and working environment
Altasciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, and protected veteran status, or disability status. Altasciences uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.E-Verify.gov. INDMP
- Pay Type Salary
- Everett, WA, USA