Sample Reception Clerk
ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain a leader in the testing services industry and have established a distinguished reputation for providing best in class results and client services.
Location: ALS Tribology, Burlington
Reports to: Laboratory Manager
About the Position
This position is responsible for data entry, shipping/receiving and general administration.
- Batching of incoming samples including data entry;
- Receive and layout samples and paperwork to confirm all required samples have been received;
- Perform sample triage based on priority and TAT;
- Enter client account number, project for billing and contact information in sample login screen;
- Accepts samples and payment for sample processing from private clients, enters all payments into the appropriate and provides change if necessary;
- Assist with cash reconciliation at the end of each shift;
- Assist in the batching of incoming samples including data entry;
- Daily interaction with ALS clients both on the phone and in person;
- Responds to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community;
- Package and ship samples using appropriate couriers and procedures;
- Drop ship and verbal orders from customers;
- Greet & Check-in visitors;
- Manage telephone duties – answer phones, relay messages;
- Send/receive faxes;
- Incoming mail – date, sort and distribute daily;
- Outgoing mail - Print, fold, and post reports and invoices;
- Observe established safety regulations and comply with all ALS health and safety policies and procedures;
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent English communication skills required (auditory, verbal, written, and reading);
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook), with good computer skills;
- Accurate and efficient data entry skills;
- Well organized, with the ability to meet strict deadlines;
- Work independently and as part of a team;
- Commitment to excellence and a client-focused attitude.
- Completion of high school diploma or equivalent required;
- Experience in Customer Service including cash handling;
- Minimum 1 year administration experience with data entry;
- Ability to stand for up to a full shift;
- Ability to sit at a desk and do general office work, which includes periodic sedentary responsibilities;
- Manual dexterity to perform intricate and/or repetitive tasks;
ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee are both recognized and valued. We therefore encourage applications from all individuals; particularly women, First Nations, people with disabilities and visible minorities.
ALS also welcomes applications from people with all levels of ability. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Burlington, ON, Canada