General Labourer (Entry Level Technician) - $18.68
ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain a leader in the testing services industry and have established a distinguished reputation for providing best in class results and client services.
General Labour - Entry Level Technician
About the Company
Did you know that mining is one of Canada's most important economic sectors? Canada is one of the largest mining nations in the world and mining is a multi-billion-dollar industry.
ALS operates a network of laboratories that analyze samples for the mining industry. We are a global company with competitive wages, a robust benefits program, and excellent career growth.
If you’re passionate about working in a team environment, then we want to hear from you. Previous laboratory experience or post-secondary education is not required. Full training will be provided!
Location: ALS Geochemistry, Terrace.
ALS also offers:
· $75 bi-weekly attendance premium;
· Structured wage increases;
· Career advancement opportunities;
· Part time/flexible schedules;
· Shift premiums;
· Annual bonus eligibility;
We have immediate openings for various positions. You could be involved in:
· Working with light industrial equipment to crush rock and mining samples and prepare them for analysis;
· Learning and using industry leading procedures and processes in analytical testing;
· Engaging in our safety culture to meet and exceed safety standards;
· Challenging yourself to meet quick turnaround commitments.
· Able to work in a dusty and noisy environment with limited temperature control;
· Be clean shaven for Personal Protective Equipment (respirator);
· Able to lift up to 50lbs at various times throughout the shift;
· Basic English communication skills (written and verbal);
· Ability to work in a fast-paced or production environment;
· Comfortable working on your feet most of the day.
For further details:
· We have immediate openings available. Candidates interested in this opportunity should apply online;
· We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted;
· For the employee referral bonus program this position is eligible for a Level B bonus award.
· Interested candidates are welcome to call 250-635-3309 for more information. Walk-ins are welcome.
ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee are both recognized and valued. We therefore encourage applications from all individuals; particularly women, First Nations, people with disabilities and visible minorities.
ALS also welcomes applications from people with all levels of ability. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Terrace, BC, Canada