Accounts Receivable Representative
ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain a leader in the testing services industry and have established a distinguished reputation for providing best in class results and client services.
Location: ALS, North Vancouver
Reports to: AR and Credit Manager, Canada & USA
About the Position:
This position is responsible for assisting with Accounts Receivable functions for the ALS Group in North America.
- Sending out credit application forms to new clients, checking credit references, and forwarding completed applications and references to Manager for approval;
- Contacting clients regarding overdue accounts and follows up to ensure payments have been made;
- Ensuring timely collections of outstanding receivables;
- Posting payments to client accounts as required;
- Processing month-end statements and mail out;
- Arranging pre-payment accounts;
- Maintaining credit card spreadsheets;
- Observing established safety regulations and comply with all ALS health and safety policies and procedures;
- Performing other duties as assigned by department manager/supervisor.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills;
- A high level of diligence and attention to detail;
- Computer literacy using Excel spreadsheets;
- Knowledge of computerized accounting system;
- A strong ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines with multiple priorities;
- Flexibility and the ability to assist in other areas of the Finance department;
- Ability to accurately follow instructions;
- A positive, team-player attitude with a strong work ethic;
- Excellent English communication skills (written and verbal).
- Minimum of 2 years of customer service experience preferred;
- Completed courses towards a Business or Finance certification preferred;
- 1-3 years’ experience on the telephone preferred. Telephone collections are a plus.
- Ability to sit at a desk and do general office work, which includes periodic sedentary responsibilities;
- Ability to use and view a computer screen for up to 8 hours per day;
- Ability to communicate via telephone and e-mail without assistance;
- Manual dexterity to do repetitive tasks such as data entry.
ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee are both recognized and valued. We therefore encourage applications from all individuals; particularly women, First Nations, people with disabilities and visible minorities.
ALS also welcomes applications from people with all levels of ability. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 2103 Dollarton Hwy, North Vancouver, BC V7H 1W3, Canada