Position Term: Contract (Full-time) - Up to 21 months
Division/Branch: Corporate Services Division / Finance & Administration Branch
Application Deadline: June 9, 2022
Level: Level 8
Salary Range: Min: $37.49 (hourly) to Max: $44.12 (hourly)
The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) is a regulatory agency that reports to the Ministry of the Attorney General. The AGCO is responsible for regulating the alcohol, gaming, horse racing and private cannabis retail sectors in Ontario, in accordance with the principles of honesty and integrity, and in the public interest.
The Financial Reporting, Planning and Analysis team is currently seeking a Financial Analyst. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Finance, the successful candidate will play a key role in providing accurate and timely reporting and reconciliations related to revenue and expenditure management and forecasting, resource allocation and planning issues for the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO).
In this role, the successful candidate will:
- Prepare accurate and timely financial reports, materials and decks for the proactive identification and resolution of issues and overall improvement of financial controllership.
- Assist with the preparation of budget estimates, allocations, calendarizations, tables and reports, as well as annual and multi-year forecasts.
- Prepare responses to the inquiries of internal and external auditors and manage audit documentation.
- Administer and maintain integrity of AGCO accounts, including the preparation of intra-ministry and chargeback journals (recoveries) to ensure proper fiscal control and cash flow.
- Perform a variety of in-depth financial analyses to facilitate informed decision-making.
- Provide support to the accounting, control and administrative functions of the Finance & Administration branch, and continuous improvement of all business processes. Liaises with internal and external partners and stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have:
- CPA accounting designation or equivalent (or in progress), and a BA or MA in Business or a related field.
- Experience working with accounting principles, budgeting, financial analysis and reporting, forecasting and business planning.
- Demonstrated ability to identify financial trends, investigate financial errors, omissions, variances and recommend solutions.
- Ability to prioritize a variety of competing tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Analytical skills to compile and analyze data from a variety of sources and prepare reports/summaries.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively and share information across organizational lines towards shared business outcomes.
- Experience utilizing MS Office Suite of programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access) at the Intermediate to Advanced Level.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of and experience with computerized financial information systems (e.g. Oracle Financials).
The successful candidate must be eligible to work in Canada and will be subject to a criminal background check.
The AGCO has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy that requires all staff, including prospective new employees, be fully vaccinated by a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccine. Individuals with valid medical or other human rights-based exemptions will be considered for appropriate accommodation within the policy
The AGCO is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer.
The AGCO has the responsibility to lead by example in advancing racial equity and to build a diverse, inclusive, accessible and respectful workplace where every employee has a voice and the opportunity to fully contribute. To this effect, you are encouraged to reflect upon the diversity you would bring to the role within your application including, but not limited to, individuals identifying with one or more of the under-represented groups identified within Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
Disability related accommodation during the recruitment process is available upon request.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 90 Sheppard Ave E, North York, ON M2N, Canada