The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) is a provincial Crown agency that is responsible for regulating the alcohol, gaming and horse racing sectors and cannabis retail stores in accordance with the principles of honesty and integrity, in the public interest. The AGCO is a modern and dynamic organization that employs over 500 people.
The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) is searching for an experienced leader to develop and lead a long-term corporate communications strategy, and associated programs, that help the AGCO deliver on its strategic objectives in a way that cultivates relationships of trust, understanding and support with all audiences.
Reporting to the Chief Communications and Service Experience Officer, and leading a team of communications professionals, you will: provide strategic advice to the executive team on all internal and external communications matters, including brand and reputation management; lead AGCO’s evolving communications strategies and programs to deliver clear, engaging and targeted communications with diverse external audiences, including stakeholders in each regulated sector, patrons of those sectors, government, and the general public; oversee media, social media, digital communications and public relations to enhance AGCO’s reputation as an effective and modern regulator; partner with AGCO leadership to shape employee communication programs and products that support and sustain employee trust and engagement.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Significant senior corporate communications leadership in the public sector or broader public service.
- Keen political acuity with sound judgement to manage highly complex, contentious, and politically sensitive issues.
- Expertise providing strategic advice to senior leadership, and as an effective reputation, brand and program manager.
- Strong proficiency in media, social media, digital communications, and modern public relations, plus experience as senior media spokesperson.
- Caring, highly effective people leadership skills, with demonstrated experience in employee coaching, mentoring, team leadership and development.
- Authenticity as an inclusive leader.
- Exceptional verbal communication with impeccable writing skills.
- Proven consultation, interpersonal, presentation, and negotiation skills to promote and build consensus to achieve results.
The AGCO offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a progressive, people-first environment that provides opportunities for advancement through a variety of training and career development programs.
HOW TO APPLY: To apply, please click on the following link: APPLY NOW by June 3, 2022. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. If you have questions, you can also contact Luciana Da Silva at 416-237-1500 x.266 or email@example.com.
To learn more about Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario, please visit https://www.agco.ca.
The AGCO is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer.
The AGCO has the responsibility to lead by example in advancing racial equity and to build a diverse, inclusive, accessible and respectful workplace where every employee has a voice and the opportunity to fully contribute. To this effect, you are encouraged to reflect upon the diversity you would bring to the role within your application including, but not limited to, individuals identifying with one or more of the under-represented groups identified within Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
Disability related accommodation during the recruitment process is available upon request.
The successful candidate must be eligible to work in Canada and will be subject to an enhanced criminal background check. The AGCO has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy that requires all staff, including prospective new employees, be fully vaccinated by a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccine. Individuals with valid medical or other human rights-based exemptions will be considered for appropriate accommodation within the policy.
- Pay Type Salary
- 90 Sheppard Ave E, North York, ON M2N, Canada