Service Drop Coordinator
Brandon, MB R7B 0R9, Canada Req #94
Friday, July 8, 2022
WESTMAN COMMUNICATIONS GROUP (Westman) is seeking applications from energetic, highly motivated individuals to become part of our growing team!
Westman is an industry-leading communications provider based in Brandon MB, offering residential and commercial High-Speed Internet, Digital TV, and Phone services in communities across Manitoba. Westman also owns and operates radio stations Q Country 91.5 FM and 94.7 STAR FM, which broadcast throughout southwestern Manitoba. Established in 1977, as a locally owned and operated cooperative, Westman is dedicated to delivering competitive and innovative services, providing an exceptional member experience, and supporting the communities we serve. Westman empowers our team members to be innovative, team-oriented, community-based, and customer-focused, championing a culture centered around strong values.
Based in Brandon and reporting to the Supervisor, Underground Services, the Service Drop Coordinator position provides support for the Construction Team by handling Westman Communications Group’s (WCG) customer appointments, requirements, and setting the overall corporate image for installation of new and replacement service drops.
What you’ll do:
- Coordinate with the Construction Team to ensure service drops are on track and completed on time
- Give technical presentations to existing and prospective customers as required; respond to client inquiries in a timely manner
- Provide customers with a positive experience by adhering to best practices for effective customer service and communication, including escalations as necessary
- Report all service drops in designated platforms and ensure any deviations in mapping are reported for correction
- Review and coordinate approved change requests submitted by other departments
- Maintain an organized repository of documentation on day-to-day operations
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Minimum Grade 12 education or equivalent
- 2-year Electronic Technician course or a minimum of 80% in one of the following certifications: NCTI or SCTE System and Service Technician or SCTE Broadband Distribution Specialist Certification would be considered an asset
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in customer service including scheduling or dispatching of team members/crews is required
- Understanding of telecommunications Outside Plant or construction experience is considered an asset
- Exceptional customer service skills and strong interpersonal skills (including both written and verbal communication)
- Strong computer/technical skills; QuickBase knowledge is considered an asset
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: This position is open until filled.
Westman is a successful, fast-paced and dynamic organization, with a positive, team-oriented work environment. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive and unique benefits package. Leverage your knowledge with a local technology leader.
As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. While we thank each applicant for their interest, only selected candidates will be contacted.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Brandon, MB R7B 0R9, Canada