Broadband Construction, Maintenance, Installation and Repair Technician
Brandon, MB R7B 0R9, Canada Req #85
Monday, May 16, 2022
WESTMAN COMMUNICATIONS GROUP (Westman) is seeking applications from energetic, highly motivated individuals to become part of our growing team!
Westman is an industry-leading communications provider based in Brandon MB, offering residential and commercial High-Speed Internet, Digital TV, and Phone services in communities across Manitoba. Westman also owns and operates radio stations Q Country 91.5 FM and 94.7 STAR FM, which broadcast throughout southwestern Manitoba. Established in 1977, as a locally owned and operated cooperative, Westman is dedicated to delivering competitive and innovative services, providing an exceptional member experience, and supporting the communities that we serve. We empower our team to be innovative, team-oriented, community-based, and customer-focused, championing a culture centered around strong values.
Based in Brandon, this position is responsible for all aspects of construction, maintenance, installation, and repair of our Broadband Systems and related Customer Premises Equipment with a focus on providing exceptional customer service and support. Emergency repair as required in addition to routine maintenance, upgrades, rebuilds and installations.
What you’ll do:
- Construction and maintenance of Broadband infrastructure
- Residential installation and repair of Broadband equipment and services
- Network maintenance and repair using advanced test equipment
- Positive interaction with customers regarding equipment and services
- Perform all work in accordance with quality control guidelines and company policies and procedures
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Analytical ability and technical aptitude; ability to understand fibre optic/Broadband maps is an asset
- Effective communications skills are required; ability to work with the public, in a customer focused environment
- Must be a good team player and have a strong work ethic
- Electronics/electrical wiring background preferred; construction experience is an asset
- Must hold and maintain a valid driver’s license
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Open until the position is filled.
Westman is a successful, fast-paced and dynamic organization, with a positive, team-oriented work environment. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive and unique benefits package. Leverage your knowledge with a local technology leader.
As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. While we thank each applicant for their interest, only selected candidates will be contacted.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Brandon, MB R7B 0R9, Canada