Voice Network Analyst
Brandon, MB R7B 0R9, Canada Req #81
Monday, April 4, 2022
WESTMAN COMMUNICATIONS GROUP (Westman) is seeking applications from energetic, highly motivated individuals to become part of our growing team!
Westman is an industry-leading communications provider based in Brandon MB, offering residential and commercial High-Speed Internet, Digital TV, and Phone services in communities across southwestern and central Manitoba. Westman also owns and operates radio stations Q Country 91.5 FM and 94.7 STAR FM, which broadcast throughout southwestern Manitoba. Established in 1977, as a locally owned and operated cooperative, Westman is dedicated to delivering competitive and innovative services, providing an exceptional member experience, and supporting the communities we serve. We empower our team to be innovative, team-oriented, community-based, and customer-focused, championing a culture centered around strong values.
The Voice Network Analyst will provide technical support to ensure high availability, security, and reliable operation for the voice network. The successful candidate will also play an important role in the monitoring, upkeep, and development, ensuring alignment with Westman’s network evolution plan.
What you’ll do:
- Document voice network architecture, as-builts, connectivity diagrams, and maintenance records
- Conduct research and stay in touch with evolving voice network technology; recommend and implement different systems required to support service delivery for voice products
- Perform product evaluations and proof of concept testing for any new products to be used in the network
- Configure and troubleshoot the following: high level soft switch architecture; subscriber line, gateway, and business group configuration; TDM and SIP; call flow diagnostics; local number portability; SS7 Signaling; and call routing, number validation, and local calling area translations
- Plan changes to the voice and data network systems ensuring minimal disruption
- Coordinate the development and review/implement new policies, procedures, and system enhancements resulting from new laws and regulations
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university with a focus in computer science, information systems, or a closely related field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a network services field including hands-on voice and data network
- At least one of the following certifications: Metaswitch Certified Technician, Cisco CCNA/CCNP, or dCAP
- Strong problem-solving skills, including both diagnostic and analytic
- Thorough comprehension of internet and IP Protocols (IP, TCP/UDP, and DNS)
- Advance knowledge of routing, switching, voice media gateways, SIP/TDM trunking and scripting language (PHP, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Must be available for on-call rotation and emergency services as required
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: This position is open until filled.
Westman is a successful, fast-paced and dynamic organization, with a positive, team-oriented work environment. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive and unique benefits package. Leverage your knowledge with a local technology leader.
As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. While we thank each applicant for their interest, only selected candidates will be contacted.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Brandon, MB R7B 0R9, Canada