Laboratory Technician - Contract
Job Description: Laboratory Technician - CONTRACT
Greenfield is looking for a Temporary Laboratory Technician to join our growing team on a 19 month contract.
Who We Are:
Greenfield Global is a leading producer and supplier of high-value, mission-critical raw materials, ingredients, and additives that are vital to businesses and integral to a lower-carbon economy. From start-ups to the largest brands in the world, customers trust Greenfield’s extensive portfolio of premium products, regulatory expertise, and industry-leading service to improve people’s lives and the health of the planet.
Why Join Greenfield?
We innovate, collaborate, and work with purpose. By unlocking the potential of people, partnerships, and nature to accelerate sustainable solutions for the health of the planet, our work has a positive impact on the environment around the world. We’re always looking for people who can bring new talents and experience to our team.
Your Experience Should Include:
- Completion of post-secondary education in food science, chemistry or microbiology
- One to two years of related experience in a laboratory setting
- Knowledge of GC and LC analysis is an asset
- Experience in a research environment is an asset
- Positive and team-oriented individual with strong communication skills and high attention to detail
- Self-motivated and engaged individual who acts to resolve issues within their scope of responsibility
- Strong organizational skills paired with an ability to self-manage multiple priorities with competing demands
- Dedicated to business objectives and continuous improvement through adaptability, innovation and agility
- Possesses Company values of Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Commitment coupled with the ability to accept and drive change.
- Comply with all environmental health and safety policies, applicable regulatory requirements, and internal laboratory procedures
- Obtain samples of incoming materials, process streams and effluents for analytical testing, process control and product development
- Set up, adjust, operate, standardize, calibrate and maintain laboratory equipment utilized in analytical testing, process development and improvement
- Perform a wide range of laboratory tests to support specific research projects
- Collect test data and create related files and records
- Prepare solutions, reagents or media for prescribed experiments and testing
- Apply standard quality control procedures to assure accuracy of test results
- Prepares reports, including graphs and charts, of test results
- Maintain a supply inventory of chemicals and materials
- Responsible for housekeeping and cleaning of the lab
- Other duties and responsibilities aligned to business objectives and in support of our core principles.
Total Compensation & Care:
- Base salary dependent on experience and demonstrated performance
- Formal and informal training opportunities
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Income protection: short- and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, paid personal sick time
- Vacation time exceeding industry standards
- Company funded retirement savings program with individual contribution opportunities
- Meaningful and challenging work
- Curated intentional culture focused on growth and development, engagement, and communication
We own and operate five distilleries, four specialty chemical manufacturing and packaging plants, and three next-generation biofuel and renewable energy R&D centers. This integrated model enhances supply chain transparency, quality control, custom formulation development, and ultimately customer satisfaction.
- Openness to Change
We are constantly seizing opportunities to develop new products, processes and methods to meet the diverse and demanding requirements of our customers.
We are part catalyst, part collaborator. We work with partners to get the most out of our existing products, and to develop custom solutions for our customer requirements.
Our commitment to give back to local communities in the US and Canada goes beyond the bottom line. We give back to the planet by processing renewable resources into low carbon fuels and chemicals.
Our team is not only fast, we has the flexibility and creativity to pivot with customer needs to develop custom-made, on-time solutions.
At every plant, and for every customer, for every shipment, we put quality first. We operate a tight, transparent supply chain while meeting the highest regulatory standards.
Application Deadline: Tuesday May 31, 2022
- Pay Type Hourly
- Chatham, ON, Canada