Shipping and Receiving Operator - Shipping/Receiving
Job Description: Shipping and Receiving Operator
Greenfield is looking for a shipping and receiving operator to join our growing team.
Who We Are:
Greenfield Global is a leading producer and supplier of high-value, mission-critical raw materials, ingredients, and additives that are vital to businesses and integral to a lower-carbon economy. From start-ups to the largest brands in the world, customers trust Greenfield’s extensive portfolio of premium products, regulatory expertise, and industry-leading service to improve people’s lives and the health of the planet.
Why Join Greenfield?
We innovate, collaborate, and work with purpose. By unlocking the potential of people, partnerships, and nature to accelerate sustainable solutions for the health of the planet, our work has a positive impact on the environment around the world. We’re always looking for people who can bring new talents and experience to our team.
Who You Are:
- Demonstrate commitment to safety, environmental practices, production targets, and quality standards
- Team-oriented individual with strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate across departments
- Self-motivated and forward-thinking individual who is able to self-direct workload and priorities, and acts to create efficiencies and resolve issues within their scope of responsibility and forward-thinking individual who is able to self-direct workload and priorities, and acts to create efficiencies and resolve issues within their scope of responsibility
- Dedicated to business objectives and continuous improvement through adaptability, innovation, and agility business objectives and continuous improvement through adaptability, innovation, and agility
- Possesses Company values of Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Commitment coupled with the ability to accept and drive change.
Your Experience Should Include:
- High school diploma, with a minimum of three to five years of relevant work experience is preferred diploma, with a minimum of three to five years of relevant work experience is preferred
- Preference will be given to those having post-secondary education in a technical field be given to those having post-secondary education in a technical field
- Previous experiences in the safety permit process and lock out-tag out procedures would be an asset experiences in the safety permit process and lock out-tag out procedures would be an asset
- Quality and customer service focus, with an ability to build positive and professional rapport with customers customer service focus, with an ability to build positive and professional rapport with customers
- Strong organizational skills paired with the ability to manage multiple priorities with competing demands organizational skills paired with the ability to manage multiple priorities with competing demands
- Focused individual who maintains safety standards while working to achieve quality and shipping targets.
- individual who maintains safety standards while working to achieve quality and shipping targets.
- Comply with all Company health and safety, environmental, and quality policies and regulatory requirements
- Responsible for documenting and maintaining accurate records
- Communicate to carriers and provide direction on vehicle position for loading and unloading
- Operate mobile rail car mover, and maintain a clean, clear, and safe rail line including switches and ramps
- Responsible for the completion of all safety permit processing and lock out-tag out within area
- Report process and equipment deviations, and work to troubleshoot, accurately record incidents and actions for the detection and correction of operational problems
- Actively monitor equipment and assist in the preventative maintenance program by visually inspecting equipment at periodic intervals to detect malfunctions, repairs, adjustments or lubrication
- Participate in the planning and completion of shipping and receiving activities for project work, routine outages, and shutdown work
- Ensure safe storage, handling, and shipping of all food and feed ingredients, and compliance with FEMAS and other relevant food and feed safety requirements
- Actively participate in Performance Check-in process
- Actively participate in job and wage progression process
- Actively participate in 6S initiatives
- Actively participle in one core task committee such as JHSC, Employee Relations Committee or Social Committee
- Area specific requirements for Shipping and Receiving Operator, Alcohol Loading:
- Responsible for the safe and efficient alcohol loading of trucks and railcars
- Monitor equipment operations using computer displays, meters, gauges, and recording devices
- Monitor alcohol levels within tank farm in preparation for and during loading
- Add denaturants and other chemicals to alcohol shipment
- Obtain vessel and tank samples and submit paperwork to lab for analysis and processing
- Operate front-end loader to support moving WDGS as required
- Vomitoxin testing support for grain receiving
- Area specific requirements for Shipping and Receiving Operator, Grain Receiving:
- Responsible for the safe and efficient unloading of corn and shipping of dried and wet distiller grains by truck and rail cars
- Operate grain probe, weigh and measure receiving corn to ensure corn grade meet standards, including Vomitoxin testing
- Obtain samples for lab analysis and Canadian Grain Commission
- Operate front-end loader to ship dried and wet distiller grains by truck or rail
- Operate skid steerer for moving material and area clean-up
- Front entrance coverage for truck scale traffic and great communication with drivers and S&R personnel
- Responsible for maintaining a high standard of housekeeping and recommending 6S opportunities for facility
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives, including Root Cause Analysis, HAZOP, and design review
- Other duties and responsibilities aligned to business objectives and in support of our core principles.
Total Compensation & Care:
- Base salary dependent on experience and demonstrated performance
- Formal and informal training opportunities
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Income protection: short- and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, paid personal sick time
- Vacation time exceeding industry standards
- Company funded retirement savings program with individual contribution opportunities
- Meaningful and challenging work
- Curated intentional culture focused on growth and development, engagement, and communication
We own and operate five distilleries, four specialty chemical manufacturing and packaging plants, and three next-generation biofuel and renewable energy R&D centers. This integrated model enhances supply chain transparency, quality control, custom formulation development, and ultimately customer satisfaction.
- Openness to Change
We are constantly seizing opportunities to develop new products, processes and methods to meet the diverse and demanding requirements of our customers.
We are part catalyst, part collaborator. We work with partners to get the most out of our existing products, and to develop custom solutions for our customer requirements.
Our commitment to give back to local communities in the US and Canada goes beyond the bottom line. We give back to the planet by processing renewable resources into low carbon fuels and chemicals.
Our team is not only fast, we has the flexibility and creativity to pivot with customer needs to develop custom-made, on-time solutions.
At every plant, and for every customer, for every shipment, we put quality first. We operate a tight, transparent supply chain while meeting the highest regulatory standards.
Application Deadline: May 31, 2022
- Pay Type Salary
- Chatham, 275 Bloomfield Road, Chatham, Ontario, Canada