Health & Safety Advisor
Fort Saskatchewan, 11409-88 Ave, Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta, Canada Req #43
Thursday, September 22, 2022
Based in Alberta, Wolf is a private company, backed by Canada Pension Plan Investments (CPP Investments). Wolf was formed in 2015 to focus on the acquisition and construction of innovative and sustainable midstream energy infrastructure assets in Western Canada. Wolf's long-term business plan, investment timeline, and continued dedication to finding innovative and sustainable midstream solutions creates a competitive alternative to other midstream companies. Wolf has grown through a series of acquisitions and successful developments, resulting in three businesses based on the Wolf-owned and operated Access Pipeline System, Alberta Carbon Trunk Line, and the NGL North System.
Wolf’s mission is to maintain operational excellence, foster strong relationships with customers and stakeholders, and enrich communities while generating superior returns on investments. Wolf has an uncompromising commitment and respect for health, safety, and the environment. Based on a strong set of core values, Wolf’s defining behaviors are Act Like Shareholders, Be Customer Focused, Be Courageous, Do the Right Thing and Own It!”
Under the direction of the Manager, Health, Safety and Training the Health & Safety Advisor will be responsible for supporting health & safety programs for the Pipeline Business Unit.
Compliance and relationship focus is essential to ensure that all applicable regulation, codes and practices are being addressed and maintained. A strong collaborative approach to implementation of programs or initiatives is essential in this role. This position must act as a strong resource for internal stakeholders to ensure optimal health and safety performance. This role is considered a primary point of contact, for coaching/mentoring on health & safety- related topics, along with providing directional focus and leadership. This position will collaborate with operations and corporate teams to identify, resource, audit & resolve identified health & safety issues
This is a full-time permanent position based out of Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta. Expectations of this position will be 50% office related functions and 50% field interaction. Some overnight or extended travel will be required.
• Implement and maintain health and safety programs to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and standards.
• Foster a positive, open and collaborative safety culture
• Provide mentorship regarding safety issues to the Operations Leadership Team.
• Act as point of contact for local or provincial regulatory agencies.
• Lead and manage internal field audits and inspections.
• Provide day to day Health and Safety support for operational activities.
• Support Joint Workplace Health and Safety Committee meetings.
• Attend Industry Health and Safety Committees
• Actively participate in emergency response programs using the Incident Command System.
• Lead and support Incident investigations
Qualifications and Experience
• Excellent computer skills with a solid understanding of the Microsoft suite of products.
• Working knowledge of Provincial Health & Safety legislation and industry best practices
• Excellent interpersonal skills (oral, verbal, written communication)
• Ability to interpret safety analytical data and make recommendations
• Ability to take initiative, to lead and motivate people
• Relevant Post-Secondary Degree/Diploma or equivalent experience in Health and Safety
• Accreditation as a Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP or CRST) is an asset.
• Energy Safety Canada COR Internal Auditor training would be an asset
• Valid class 5 driver’s license
• H2S Alive/ First Aid (Intermediate)/WHMIS 2015/TDG
• ICS 100 & 200
• A minimum of 5 years in a Health & Safety role within the Oil & Gas Industry. Experience with production facility or pipeline operations would be preferred. Experience developing site specific health and safety programs including guidance documents would be an asset.
• Competitive compensation and bonus program
• Comprehensive benefits and wellness support including parental leave top-up
• Employer matched savings plan
• Hybrid remote work model opportunities
• Time away programs including vacation and flex time
As this position is identified as safety and/or security sensitive, employment of a final candidate will be conditional upon completion of pre-employment medical, drug/alcohol, drivers abstract and employment verification assessments with satisfactory results.
Interested candidates should apply at www.wolfmidstream.com by October 2, 2022. We thank all for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
This posting is inactive.
- Fort Saskatchewan, 11409-88 Ave, Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta, Canada