Senior E/I Technician, NGL Separation (WFS)
Based in Alberta, Wolf is a private company, backed by Canada Pension Plan Investments (CPP Investments). Wolf was formed in 2015 to focus on the acquisition and construction of innovative and sustainable midstream energy infrastructure assets in Western Canada. Wolf's long-term business plan, investment timeline, and continued dedication to finding innovative and sustainable midstream solutions creates a competitive alternative to other midstream companies. Wolf has grown through a series of acquisitions and successful developments, resulting in three businesses based on the Wolf-owned and operated Access Pipeline System, Alberta Carbon Trunk Line, and the NGL North System.
Wolf’s mission is to maintain operational excellence, foster strong relationships with customers and stakeholders, and enrich communities while generating superior returns on investments. Wolf has an uncompromising commitment and respect for health, safety, and the environment. Based on a strong set of core values, Wolf’s defining behaviors are "Act Like Shareholders, Be Customer Focused, Be Courageous, Do the Right Thing and Own It!”
In May 2021, Wolf announced the positive final investment decision for NGL North, a proprietary, integrated natural gas liquids (“NGL”) recovery, transportation, and separation system and with it, the formation of Wolf’s third business, Wolf NGL. NGL North recovers higher carbon NGL from the Alberta natural gas system that provides fuel gas to the oil sands. By recovering the NGL prior to combustion, NGL North is expected to reduce carbon dioxide emissions in the Christina Lake area by over 200,000 metric tonnes per year. In turn, the specification NGL products produced at Wolf Feedstock Separation (“WFS”) in Sturgeon County, Alberta will provide critical feedstock to support Alberta’s growing and industry - leading petrochemical complexes.
NGL North is the foundation of an expandable network capable of facilitating increased downstream market development to support the growing Alberta ethylene and propylene-based derivative industries as well as support energy transition globally by supplying cleaner burning fuels to Asia through West Coast marine export supporting decarbonization efforts well underway.
Under the general direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, the Senior Electrical & Instrumentation (EI) Technician will perform journeyperson level work related to the installation, operation, maintenance, and modifications of electrical and instrumentation equipment associated with Wolf’s NGL systems. This position will collaborate with Engineering, and Operations teams to maximize reliability and ensure corporate assets are operated and maintained safely, efficiently, and in compliance with all applicable legislation, while supporting Wolf’s defining behaviors.
This position will be based at the Wolf Feedstock Separation (WFS) facility in Sturgeon County. Candidates will be required to respond to callouts and must live within 100 kms from Fort Saskatchewan, AB.
- Repair and troubleshooting of electrical, instrumentation, automation, and measurement systems
- E & I Preventative Maintenance Program stewardship, including critical calibrations / testing of facility safety systems, transmitters, switches, protective relays, and auxiliary systems
- Review technical manuals, vendor drawings, and facility drawings as required
- Ensure safety is primary focus in all work-related activities
- Participate in new construction projects which include design reviews, hazops, acceptance, commissioning and start up
- Work with Operations and Engineering to identify and implement improvements
- Develop and execute maintenance procedures
- Participate in external training to stay current with technological advancements associated to installed equipment
- Actively participate in Emergency Response related activities
- Complete maintenance calibration record management
- Supervise 3rd party contractors
- Provide afterhours support for Operational troubleshooting
Qualifications and Experience
- Must possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Must consistently strive for personal and operational improvement including the ability to upgrade required skills and competencies.
- Results orientated with the ability to work without supervision and can manage many concurrent unrelated activities.
- Superior computer skills
- Industry related Safety training
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License
- Journeyperson Electrical certification with preference given to candidates who are dual ticketed with an Instrumentation certification
- A minimum of 5 years maintenance experience in the Oil & Gas industry, with preference given to candidates with direct NGL experience
- Knowledge and experience of industry related safe work practices
- Experience with medium and low voltage systems
- Experience with pneumatic actuators, VFD’s, and UPS systems
- Experience with Gas Measurement, Autosol SCADA systems, Allen Bradley PLC’s, Delta V DCS systems and ATMOS leak detection systems would be an asset
- Experience with GC analyzers would be an asset
- Competitive compensation and bonus program
- Comprehensive benefits and wellness support including parental leave top-up
- Employer matched savings plan
Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level.
Interested candidates should apply at www.wolfmidstream.com. We thank all for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Sturgeon County, AB, Canada