Wolf Midstream is an Alberta-based private company backed by CPP Investments. Wolf was formed in 2015 to focus on the acquisition and construction of high-quality midstream infrastructure assets in Western Canada. Wolf has grown through a series of acquisitions resulting in 100% ownership of the Access Pipeline System and the recent greenfield construction of the Alberta Carbon Trunk Line, a CO2 capture and transportation system. It is currently constructing the NGL North project, a fully integrated natural gas liquids recovery, transportation, and separation system. Wolf, with its team of nearly 200 employees, is committed to developing innovative, sustainable midstream solutions and transforming the future of carbon reduction through the development of world-scale CO2 infrastructure in both Canada and abroad.
Wolf’s mission is to maintain operational excellence, foster strong relationships with customers and stakeholders, and enrich communities while generating returns on investment. Wolf has an uncompromising commitment and respect for health, safety, and the environment. Based on a strong set of core values, Wolf’s defining behaviors are Act Like Shareholders, Be Customer Focused, Be Courageous, Do the Right Thing and Own It!”
Reporting to the Wolf Pipeline South Maintenance Supervisor and taking direction from the Wolf Pipeline South E/I Lead, this position will perform journeyman level work related to the installation, operation, maintenance, and modifications of electrical and instrumentation equipment associated to the Wolf Pipeline System. The E/I position will effectively support growth and expansion to ensure corporate assets are operated and maintained safely, efficiently, and in compliance with all applicable legislation, while supporting Wolf’s defining behaviours. This position is based at Wolf’s Sturgeon Terminal.
Perform field based maintenance on Electrical and Instrument equipment:
• E & I Preventative Maintenance Program Stewardship.
• Ensure safety is primary focus in all work-related activities.
• Participate in new construction projects which include design reviews, hazops, acceptance, commissioning and start up.
• Work with Operations and Engineering to identify and implement improvements.
• Develop and execute maintenance procedures.
• External training to stay current with technological advancements associated to installed equipment.
Provide support in the areas of:
• Mentoring and training of other pipeline personnel
• Execute field operational activities as required
• Supervise 3rd party contractors when required
• Maintenance PM/Calibration record management.
• Actively participating in ER related activities.
Qualifications and Experience
• Strong interpersonal skills and organizational skills.
• Must have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Superior computer skills.
• Valid Class 5 Drivers License and abstract.
• Ability to work out of town and be on call.
• Journeyman Electrical certification with preference given to candidates who are dual ticketed with an Instrumentation certification.
• Technical Diploma would be an asset.
• Minimum 5 year’s Maintenance experience in the Oil & Gas Industry.
• Experience with Allen Bradley PLC’s, low and medium voltage equipment, VFD’s, MOV’s, UPS’s, and cathodic protection systems.
• Experience with electric actuators is an asset
• Excellent Safety record and related training.
• Competitive compensation and bonus program
• Comprehensive benefits
• Employer matched savings plan
• Parental leave top-up
Wolf Midstream is an equal opportunity employer.
Wolf acknowledges that our operations are within the traditional territories of the Indigenous peoples of the Treaty 6, Treaty 7, and Treaty 8 regions and the Métis Settlements and Métis Nation of Alberta, Regions 1, 2, 3 and 4. We respect the histories, languages, and cultures of First Nations, Metis, Inuit, and all First Peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our company and the greater community.
Interested candidates should apply at www.wolfmidstream.com by June 24, 2022. We thank all for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- Sturgeon, 13 Km east of Gibbons off Highway 643, Strathcona County, Alberta, Canada