Corporate Paralegal / Executive Assistant
Corporate Paralegal / Executive Assistant
Wolf Midstream is an Alberta-based private company backed by CPP Investments. Wolf was formed in 2015 to focus on the acquisition and construction of high-quality midstream infrastructure assets in Western Canada. Wolf has grown through a series of acquisitions resulting in 100% ownership of the Access Pipeline System and the recent greenfield construction of the Alberta Carbon Trunk Line, a CO2 capture and transportation system. It is currently constructing the NGL North project, a fully integrated natural gas liquids recovery, transportation, and separation system. Wolf, with its team of nearly 200 employees, is committed to developing innovative, sustainable midstream solutions and transforming the future of carbon reduction through the development of world-scale CO2 infrastructure in both Canada and abroad.
Wolf’s mission is to maintain operational excellence, foster strong relationships with customers and stakeholders, and enrich communities while generating returns on investment. Wolf has an uncompromising commitment and respect for health, safety, and the environment. Based on a strong set of core values, Wolf’s defining behaviors are Act Like Shareholders, Be Customer Focused, Be Courageous, Do the Right Thing and Own It!”
Wolf is looking for a full-time Corporate Paralegal/Executive Assistant as the Company continues to grow. You will be an integral member of the corporate teams led by the CFO and SVP, Legal and Corporate Services to whom you will report. You will work collaboratively with the General Counsel and the Corporate Secretary on all aspects of corporate governance. You will also provide administrative support to the CFO and General Counsel.
While your primary focus will be related to corporate governance and entity management, you will have the opportunity to work with team members in various areas of the business such as corporate communications, human resources, knowledge management, finance, business development, compliance and corporate event planning. You will be part of a dynamic team and will have the opportunity to make meaningful contributions to the success of the team and the company.
This role is based out of our downtown Calgary office, with a trial flexible, hybrid work environment. The Wolf team is expected to be in the office three days during the week and have the option of working from home on Mondays and Fridays.
• Provide paralegal support with entity management and general corporate governance matters. This will include ensuring all filings are up to date, drafting some corporate documents as needed (minutes, resolutions).
• Provide support for board of directors meeting preparation, communications, and coordination.
• Provide administrative assistance to SVP, Corporate Services & General Counsel and the Chief Finance Officer and other members of their teams, including making travel arrangements.
• Knowledge management and process improvement, including managing precedents, templates and SharePoint sites.
Qualifications and Experience
• Paralegal diploma or diploma/certificate or equivalent experience or diploma in business administration, legal assistant or other relevant discipline
• Minimum three years working experience as a paralegal or legal assistant in private law firm or corporate legal department setting; experience in the energy sector - an asset but not required
• Familiarity with corporate governance and corporate secretarial role
• Advanced skills in O365 - MS teams, Outlook, SharePoint, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Proficiency with board portals and other legal platforms (i.e., Diligent, GEMS) would be an asset
• Ability to quickly adapt and work with various priorities
• High degree of professionalism and understanding working with highly sensitive and confidential matters
• Attention to detail and superior organizational skills
• Strong writing skills – ability to communicate appropriately with various audiences, strong proof-reading skills
• Competitive compensation and bonus program
• Comprehensive benefits
• Employer matched savings plan
• Hybrid remote work model
• Parental leave top-up
• Flex time
Wolf Midstream is an equal opportunity employer.
Wolf acknowledges that our operations are within the traditional territories of the Indigenous peoples of the Treaty 6, Treaty 7, and Treaty 8 regions and the Métis Settlements and Métis Nation of Alberta, Regions 1, 2, 3 and 4. We respect the histories, languages, and cultures of First Nations, Metis, Inuit, and all First Peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our company and the greater community.
Interested candidates should apply at www.wolfmidstream.com by May 16, 2022. We thank all for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- Calgary, 520-3rd Ave SW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada