In Store Merchandiser
Edmonton, AB, Canada Req #31
Tuesday, October 19, 2021
Department: Retail Stores
Workplace Type: On-site
Job Type: Full-time/Part-time, Permanent
JD Sports is a sports-fashion retail company with the incentive to inspire the emerging generation of globally minded consumers through a connection to the universal culture of sport, music and fashion. Established in 1981, the JD Group is a leading global omnichannel retailer of Sports, Fashion, and Outdoor brands. With our retail stores expanding and evolving all throughout Canada, The Group is continuously finding and developing talent that adds to the inclusive and diverse work culture. JD continuously and successfully sets the global standard for retail experience best through the unique delivery of the world’s most authentic brands to the market. Our commitment to showcasing brands in a premium environment and stores remain a key part of the JD strategy.
As part of the in-store team you will provide visual support to the store, engaging our customers by creative product placement and utilizing the latest fashion trends. You will create window and in store displays whilst maximizing store profitability through enticing visual concepts. Most importantly, you will be responsible for bringing out new and fresh products for our customers and ensure that the JD Standards are followed throughout the store.
- Following a weekly visual merchandising brief and applying this in your store.
- Attract, engage and motivate customer into making purchases by using the most
- advanced visual techniques.
- Ensure that mannequins, displays and windows are alternated through the
- seasons and the events of the retail calendar.
- Set up and monitor in store promotions by the use of POS.
- Analyze Oracle figures to assist you in product placement and floor moves.
- Provide training and assist with team development on merchandising and display.
- Ensure that weekly development takes place to fill future roles.
- Communicate and provide feedback to Town Merchandiser on visual merchandising activity in-store.
- To work in a highly professional manner, leading by example at all times.
- Conducting your work in a safe and responsible manner at all times.
- Promote a high standard of hygiene, cleanliness and maintenance in line with company procedures.
- Visual Merchandising or Retail Experience is Advantageous
- Excellent Time Management Skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Be creative, imaginative and have a flair for
- Willing to have a flexible schedule
- Pay Type Hourly
- Edmonton, AB, Canada