Assistant Store Manager
Department: Retail Stores
Workplace Type: On-site
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
JD Sports is a sports-fashion retail company with the incentive to inspire the emerging generation of globally minded consumers through a connection to the universal culture of sport, music and fashion. Established in 1981, the JD Group is a leading global omnichannel retailer of Sports, Fashion, and Outdoor brands. With our retail stores expanding and evolving all throughout Canada, The Group is continuously finding and developing talent that adds to the inclusive and diverse work culture. JD continuously and successfully sets the global standard for retail experience best through the unique delivery of the world’s most authentic brands to the market. Our commitment to showcasing brands in a premium environment and stores remain a key part of the JD strategy.
Our Retail team is is looking for an Assistant Store Manager at our Chinook Centre location. Come join our quickly growing and developing team at JD Sports Canada. Main responsibilities include delivering excellent customer experience and fostering growth and development to the team. Most importantly you will ensure operational excellence by performing managerial tasks, such as scheduling, maintaining inventory, and/or evaluating employee performance.
- Ensure the team is delivering an excellent customer experience through coaching and motivating the team while driving sales.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction by being knowledgeable on all products offered.
- Train and grow a team who are focused on delivering outrageous experiences to our community through coaching and feedback.
- Generate business results and achieve key KPIs
- Delivering sales, customer experience, merchandising, visual, and operational expectations.
- Act as a partner between customers, sales associates and store leadership.
- Ability to learn and share expertise of products and trends to fit customer’s needs.
- Maintains an awareness of all product knowledge, and current or upcoming product / trends.
- Contributes to a positive and inclusive work environment.
- Support key initiatives as empowered by and in partnership with the Store Manager.
- Take a proactive approach to growing the business through community outreach.
- Choose culture first in everything you do, with a commitment to personal growth and self-awareness.
- Provide outrageous experiences 100% of the time, sharing our awesome products with our Community.
- Minimum 2 years of retail experience.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about streetwear and sneaker culture.
- Experience supervising, training and coaching sales associates.
- Confident and comfortable engaging customers to deliver an elevated experience.
- Motivated to achieve great results because of one's enthusiasm from interacting with customers and athletic products.
- Strong cognitive and mathematical skills, including problem analysis, decision making and financial analysis
- Is resourceful and versatile in responding to changing demands and opportunities in a rapidly changing omni-channel retail environment.
- High level of ethics, values, integrity, and trust.
- Flexible availability – including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Leadership - You're an inspirational and dynamic leader who is naturally warm and compassionate towards others with an insatiable drive to exceed results and celebrate successes.
- Pay Type Salary
- JD Sports - Chinook Centre, 6455 Macleod Trail, Calgary, Alberta, Canada