Retail Execution Manager
At Valens, we believe in creating products for those who need them. We do things the right way without ever cutting corners. Whether it’s medical or recreational, local or international, we’re pursuing meaningful extraction, formulation, product development and testing to bring purposeful cannabis to the people.
We each have our unique story, but we have a common goal of creating exceptional products with the end user in mind. We celebrate team wins, big and small, by recognizing the role that everyone has played in it. It is about growing together, learning together and making a positive difference.
AT VALENS, IT’S PERSONAL.
As a Retail Execution Manager, you will be working closely with the other Execution Managers and reporting directly to the Regional Sales Manager. As the Retail Execution Manager, you will have two key areas of focus. First, you will be responsible for optimizing in-store visibility by executing brand materials and pricing visibility tools, across a strategically built retail outlet trade coverage plan (TCP). Second, you will support all in-store initiatives established by the account management team, ensuring that all agreed upon terms are being met. In addition to these core pillars of the role, you are asked to be agile in supporting other ad-hoc projects and responsibilities incremental to the areas already described.
As a Retail Execution Manager you will:
- Spend 4.5 days/week in the market, following your assigned trade coverage plan.
- Optimize all Valens products across the network of retail locations (Key Accounts and Independent Retailers) in the Calgary area. This includes building displays, clearly illustrating price on shelf and ensuring that Valens products are always included in all format specific sections within the store.
- Prepare and deliver expert-level information and messaging to budtenders with the goal of equipping retail staff with all relevant information needed to confidently sell the Valens portfolio.
- Execute against a calendar of in-store, consumer facing brand information sessions. These sessions will require a flexible schedule as they could occur during evenings and weekends.
- Report back to the Account Management team on a routine basis providing relevant industry insights and observations from your time in market.
- Summarize and report against your weekly activities.
As a Retail Execution Manager you bring:
- 1-2 years of experience in the Canadian cannabis industry, either for a licensed producer or in a retail environment.
- Willingness to travel across Alberta – access to a reliable vehicle is required.
- A passion for cannabis and the cannabis industry. A high level of base knowledge of the industry is required.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to command a room and deliver a well-received message.
- Self-motivated and require little supervision while staying on task and meeting outlined objectives.
- Entrepreneurial in spirit while also leveraging the assets that come from being a part of a global company.
- Goal oriented with a focus on being successful in a high growth consumer-oriented company.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally.
- All successful candidates are required to pass background checks.
As a valued member of the Valens team, you will enjoy:
- Competitive total compensation and incentives
- A top-notch extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental
- An entrepreneurial and innovative environment that fosters growth and continuous learning
We are grateful for the interest in this role from all candidates, however, we will be contacting only those that are selected for next steps in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
The Valens Company is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a welcoming, inclusive, diverse and safe workplace where all of our team members have equal opportunity to succeed. We know this begins with recruitment. To honor our commitment, Valens encourages applications from individuals of all backgrounds, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, ages and abilities.
Please note that The Valens Company does not utilize social media to hire employees, nor does it ever charge fees to candidates at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly and the address ends in @thevalenscompany.com. If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call from, for, or on behalf of The Valens Company, please send an email inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Family Sales
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Calgary, AB, Canada