Stella-Jones is North America's leading producer of industrial pressure-treated wood products. Responding to the vital infrastructure needs of our economy, we manufacture and distribute railway ties, utility poles, residential lumber and industrial wood products across the continent. Stella-Jones recruits team members who embody our core values and desire an environment where growth is inspired, dedication is recognized, and achievement is rewarded. Our ever-expanding footprint provides a great prospect for career advancement as we seek to develop our emerging leaders.
Stella-Jones is seeking to add a qualified Maintenance Technician to our 2nd Shift Operations in Bangor, WI. This is a great opportunity for the person who enjoys all aspects of maintenance, including welding, mechanical, and electrical as they are responsible for performing maintenance repairs on all plant machinery.
Shift Schedule: MON-THUR - 2:30PM-1:00AM with shift differential
Here's What You'll Do:
- Inspects, services, repairs and constructs plant processing equipment, including structures, utilities, loaders, hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical, mechanical, and pressure vessel work throughout the plant.
- Utilizes welding and fabrication tools to alter, repair and fabricate processing equipment.
- Manages inventory of serviceable parts required to maintain equipment.
- Performs the Preventative Maintenance Program established by the Company.
- Documents and reports maintenance work performed and advises of future requirements in a timely manner.
- Participates and contributes to company safety program.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Perform repairs on electrical, hydraulic, or mechanical problems
- Flexibility – Productivity of the facility is essential so services need to be scheduled to minimize downtime. This is a 24/7/365 facility, overtime and weekend work as needed
- Education – One-year certificate from college or technical school.
- Two years related work experience.
- Experience in hydraulics, electrical pumps, valves, welding.
- Excellent trouble shooting skills
- Basic mechanical knowledge in wood industry preferred
- Experience in fabrication and welding of various metals (including pipe welding)
As a Stella-Jones employee, you will have access to excellent benefits and incentives including:
- The security of working for a company designated as an essential workplace
- Comprehensive total benefits package
- Several company-paid benefits including:
- Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) policies
- Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Access to a robust employee assistance program
- Competitive compensation
- Annual bonus program opportunity
- 401(k) savings plan with generous Company match (150% on the first 4% deferred)
- Paid time off and holidays
- Career advancement opportunities
- Ability to purchase Company stock
Click to apply and start the process to join the Stella-Jones team!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Bangor, WI, USA